|本會「IIME國際香草精油經絡學會」與美國國家整體芳療協會(NAHA; National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy)教學合作 , 以中醫五臟及經絡理論為本，結合西方芳療護理技法為用，推出全球首張 IIME-NAHA中醫芳香療法國際雙證照的專業課程。
IIME所屬康茵香草精油學苑是美國國家整體芳療協會(NAHA; National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy)海外授權教學單位https://naha.org/education/approved-schools/
Updated April, 2017 (approved schools have until January 1, 2018 to comply with the updated standards)
Level 1: NAHA Certified Level 1 Aromatherapist®
(Minimum 50 Hours* Curriculum)
• Introduction to the history of Aromatherapy
• Profiles of minimum 20 essential oils
• Minimum of 5 case studies
• Quality of essential oils
• Production and methods of extraction (distillation, cold pressing/expression, enfleurage, absolute, CO2 extraction)
|Basic physiological effects of essential oils: methods of absorption, overview of olfaction and the limbic system, the skin, and the immune system
• How essential oils interact on physical and emotional levels
• Basic essential oil chemistry with contraindications of certain essential oils
• How to create/design an effective blend
• Diluents such as vegetable oils and other carrier bases
• Methods of application (inhalation, diffusion, topical, optional: internal)
• Safety issues (including dermal, respiratory, internal)
• Legal, ethical, privacy issues (include a copy of the NAHA Code of Ethics)
*The Level 1 hour requirement applies to existing health professionals such as: Massage Therapists, Estheticians, Herbalists, Nurses, Physicians, etc. Students who are not existing health professionals have an additional requirement to provide proof of completion of Anatomy & Physiology 1 from an accredited institution, or the equivalent class taken from a NAHA approved school. Anatomy & Physiology Level 1 is a 3-4 credit undergraduate class which typically covers: Tissue & The Integumentary System; Skeleton, Joints & The Skeletal System; Muscle, Muscle Tissue & The Muscular System; Nervous Tissue & The Central Nervous System, The Peripheral Nervous System, The Autonomic Nervous System; The Endocrine System; Cellular Structure & Types, Basic Chemistry. Many universities and colleges offer this course in classroom and on line.
1 college credit = 15-16 classroom hours, or self-paced online which can often be completed more quickly.
Essential Oils Required for Level 1:
Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea), Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus), Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Lemon (Citrus x limon), Peppermint (Mentha x piperita), Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis), Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata); 8 more essential oils chosen by the instructor for a total of 20.
1. Required elements for Level 1 student graduation based upon approved standards in aromatherapy education
1.1 Student must complete a minimum of 5 case studies.
1.2 Student must sit for and pass a Level 1 examination offered by the school.
1.3 Graduates must submit proof of completion of 5 NAHA approved continuing education hours (CEs) per year or 10 CEs every 2 years in order to remain a Level 2 member in good standing. Examples of NAHA approved CEs include: NAHA Conference, NAHA Webinars (free for members!), writing articles for the NAHA Journal, electives and continuing education courses taught by a NAHA approved school, volunteer or mentorship time spent in a holistic healing center that utilizes aromatherapy.